Accepting new memberships to our updated Arts Directory!
SUPPORT YOUR ARTS COMMUNITY
BECOME A WLM MEMBER
Annual memberships provide a host of benefits for you or your organization. Whidbey Life Magazine is the place most people go to read about arts & culture happenings on Whidbey Island, and so it is the best place for people to read about you and your events. You must be an Whidbey artist, arts organization or arts venue involved in one of our categories to qualify for membership.
As a member, you have exclusive access to promote your events via:
- Events Calendar
- News from our Members & Member Opportunities
- Your profile page
In addition, Whidbey Life Magazine editorial contributors frequently write about members and their events. Other features like the Arts Directory, rotating Member Slideshow, and the Featured Artists Virtual Gallery shows all promote WLM Members. We also push all News and Events out via a popular twice-weekly email newsletter, Facebook, and Twitter. (For more information about how to use these features go to the “How to” link in the Member Corner). For more on our popularity go to the “How to” document and look up “Statistics”.
Our Mission is: To create an online source of arts and culture news and information that promotes all the arts and artists of Whidbey, makes the arts more accessible to the public, and promotes arts and cultural visits to the island thereby providing economic stimulus to the Whidbey community.
Won’t you join us?
SINGLE MEMBERSHIP – $60/yr (Membership is valid for 1 year from date of activation)
Profile in the Arts Directory includes:
- One Featured Image
- One Website link
- Where your work or you can be seen
- Contact information (email/phone)
- NEW. A map location pin
- Category of art (Visual, Literary, Culinary/Wine, Music, Theater/Dance).
- Your specialty/specialties
- Full access to submit to the Calendar and News from Members
- Features/spotlights written about you and your events at the discretion of the editor and WLM team.
- NEW. Preferred listing in the Directory (Premium members are listed first and color coded)
- Additional images on your page. NEW. Now up to 10 images.
- Bio or long description about you
- Additional weblinks (blogs, social network pages, you tube, and links to articles about you)
- NEW. Join up to 3 Categories of Art and subspecialties at no additional cost. One membership lists you in multiple Art categories (for example: Visual & Music, or Literary & Theater).
- Access to change your profile as often as you like throughout the year
MULTIPLE MEMBERSHIPS – $100/yr
This is for:
- Organizations with many events that are involved across 3 or more categories (for example: music, visual art and culinary)
- Family membership (for spouses)
- A person who is listing themselves individually and for their business when it doesn’t make sense to share a listing. (For example: Joe Menth, artist and Fine Balance Imaging (his business).
Includes all benefits of the Premium level above for multiple categories or listings. If you are unsure of how you qualify, please contact us at: email@example.com
To sign up you must qualify for membership in one or more of our Arts categories, and you must review and sign Terms Of Service. To review these in advance, click here.
Categories of Membership:
Each membership is reviewed for content and will “go live” on the site when all the information has been reviewed and payment is received. You will receive a confirmation email once your form is submitted and then you will receive an email from info at whidbeylifemagazine.org once we receive payment and activate your membership. Make sure your email filters will accept email from info at whidbeylifemagazine.org.
To Become a Member:
1. Membership registration is a two step process.
2. The first form registers your userID and email for the site.
3. Once you’ve completed this form, two things will happen: 1. A login screen will appear and 2. you’ll receive an email with your new password.
4. Use the password you received in your email and your userid you created in step 2 and complete the login screen.
5. After logging in, you’ll see a “dashboard” and your profile screen will appear. This profile is for your information on the site and is not part of your listing. Click on the Directory Dashboard (in the dark bar on top of the screen).
6. At the Directory Dashboard screen, click the green “Add Listing”
7. Title field: Your name or the name of your business. Use the name you would like visitors to WLM to search by to find you.
8. Address field: Your business/studio or where you or your work can be seen. If you don’t have a specific place then type the city and WA. (For instance, Coupeville, WA) Then be sure to click on the “Find location on map,” this will set the address. If this button isn’t clicked you will get an error when you click submit.
9. Category fields: Select the category(s) that describe you or your business. Only use the sub-categories (these have two dashes in front of them.)
10. Enter any or all of the phone number fields, use area code and dashes. For example, 555-555-5555 If you only have a cell phone, enter it in the first phone number field otherwise it won’t display.
11. Email field: enter your public email address. If you don’t want your email address to be public, leave this blank.
12. Website: enter your website, including the http://
13. Twitter: enter your twitter name here. You don’t need the full url just the twitter name.
14. Facebook URL: Enter your full Facebook url. An easy way to get this is to go to your facebook page and copy the url from your browser address field.
15. Google+ URL: Enter your full Google url. An easy way to get this is to go to your Google + account and view your profile. Copy the url from your browser address field.
16. Bio field: Type in this field any information about you or your business. You cannot leave this field blank, it will not accept your application.
17. Where field: any specific information about hours or location where people can find you or your business.
18. Photo field: Click select file to select an image from your computer.
This is your feature image and will display in the directory. Only one image can be added at this time. After your submission has been approved you may add up to 10 photos. All photos must be no more than 500 px on the longest side and no more than 200kb in size.
19. Click “Submit Listing”
20. You’ll now see a message that says “Your listing has been submitted successfully…You can view the listing here” You can click on “here” in this message to see a preview of your listing and if you’d like to change anything move your mouse to the right and a pencil icon will appear to allow you to edit.
After you have previewed or edited your listing, click back to your browser tab where you started the application process. (When you preview your listing, it opens a new browser tab.)
21. These last few fields are used to claim/verify your listing. This is to validate that you approve this listing in case someone had added this without your knowledge.
22. Contact name field: The name who should be contacted about this listing.
23. E-mail field: Email address for the contact person.
24. Comment field: Please indicate here if this listing is for yourself or your business. This is a required field.
25. Select Plan section: Select between paying through PayPal or by check. The pay by check the amount says “$0” because that is the only way to check you through the system without using Paypal. You need to mail us a check for the proper amount to get your listing activated.
26. Click “Claim Listing”
You will receive an approval email with more instructions about how to use Whidbey Life Magazine when we have approved your listing.
Signing up sounds too hard? Email us the information and we’ll put information in for you for an extra $10. Please inquire about using our services for resizing images, posting your Member News and Calendar events right from your press releases.
Ready to become a new member? Click here: Create a new listing