April 26, 2013
Don’t ever say you having nothing to do on Whidbey Island.
The sunny season is just beginning and Whidbey Island will begin its buzz. Here’s just a smattering of activities for this weekend. Click on the links for details.:
- Whidbey Children’s Theater production of “The Little Prince.” The show opens Friday night and runs through May 5. https://www.whidbeylifemagazine.org/the-little-prince-at-whidbey-childrens-theater-tickets-now-on-sale-2/
- Whidbey Island Dance Theatre “Dance & Choreography Showcase” and “Cinderella” opens Friday, April 26 to Sunday, April 28. http://www.widtonline.org/news.html
- Bayview Farmers Market opens Saturday! http://www.bayviewfarmersmarket.com/
- Hedgebrook Spring Salon Creative Workshop 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, April 27. https://www.hedgebrook.org/
- 2nd Street Wine Shop in downtown Langley welcomes Pondera Winery from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 27.
- Open House Weekend at Arts and Education Cooperative @WICEC starts Saturday at the old Bayview School in Langley. https://www.whidbeylifemagazine.org/smart-people-renovate-old-bayview-school-for-an-exciting-new-venture/
- Whidbey Island Center for the Arts in Langley continues its second season of Kitsch ‘N Bitch Saturday night with Sue Frause https://www.whidbeylifemagazine.org/kitsch-n-bitch-returns-on-april-27/
- Moonraker Books in Langley hosts a signing of Anne Belov’s newest book, “The Panda Chronicles Book 2: Wheel of Pandas” from noon until 2 p.m on Sunday, April 28. https://www.whidbeylifemagazine.org/wheel-of-pandas-has-arrived/.
- The Wisdom of Notan and the Light-Dark Composition painting workshop at Pacific Northwest Art School in Coupeville with Mitch Albala from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 27 and Sunday, April 28.
- “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” opens Friday at Whidbey Playhouse in Oak Harbor from April 26 to May 19. https://www.whidbeylifemagazine.org/whidbey-playhouse-volunteers-push-limits-with-shakespeare/
- In Oak Harbor, “Holland Happening” is in full swing, celebrating its theme of the “Year of Friendship.” http://www.hollandhappening.org/