Summer is here and another busy weekend is coming up on Whidbey Island. Check out this handy list of events posted by Whidbey Life Magazine members and have fun! (Click on the links for details.)
- Whidbey Children’s Theater presents “The Wizard of Oz.” The show opens 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 29 with shows at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday.
- Flicker Feather Press Open House: Join Bruce Morrow and Buffy Cribbs at their Grand Opening on 3138 Hugh Taylor Lane, Clinton from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Bayview Farmers Market is open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Art Center@WICEC – Whidbey Island Community Education Center and NILA – Northwest Institute of Literary Arts present “Green – What Does it Mean?” an Exhibition of Art, Poetry and Prose from June 29 to Aug. 21. Opening Reception at Bayview is from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
- Studio 106 – Open for Langley Art Walk. 5-7 p.m. Visit Studio 106 at during the monthly Langley Art Walk happening one week earlier this month due to the 4th of July and Choochokam celebrations happening next weekend.
- Postcards from Whidbey Island, Penn Cove Productions. 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at PAC, Coupeville High School.
- Kitsch N’ Bitch at Whidbey Island Center for the Arts in Langley; 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- South Whidbey Acoustic Music Festival. The First Annual SWAM at the Tilth Market, Thompson Road and 525, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
- Sunday Live Music Series at Blooms Taste for Wine at Bayview Corner from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays.
WEEKEND ART CLASSES
- Whidbey Island Fine Art Studio in Langley presents workshop in Plein Aire painting with Jim Lamb on Friday and Saturday.
- The Pacific Northwest Art School presents Imperfect Beauty: A Mixed-Media Approach to Face and Form with Karen O Brien, Sunday, June 30 in Coupeville.
- Sweetwater Creek Farm Studio holds its Mixed Media Handmade Books workshop. Sunday, June 30 in Clinton.
Tip of the Day: To make these regular Whidbey Life Magazine lists, become a member and start posting your events to member news and the syndicated calendar!
(Pictured at top, guitarist, singer, raconteur Karin Blaine plays the South Whidbey Music Festival Sunday, June 30 at Tilth./Photo courtesy of Karin Blaine.)