July 24, 2013
There’s something for everyone – big or small, short or tall – on Whidbey this weekend.
Check out the list of what’s happening around the island and make plans to have a ton of fun! (Click on the links for details.)
- Head “back to the farm” for the Loganberry Festival at Greenbank Farm 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Artists of South Whidbey present the 39th Annual Show and Sale at the Whidbey Island Fairgrounds, Langley. Opening reception, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Friday. Show times, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
- The Langley Second Street Market is open 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday. Coupeville Farmers Market and Bayview Farmers Market are open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m Saturday. The South Whidbey Tilth Market on Highway 525 and Thompson Road is open 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday.
- OutCast Productions presents “Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris” at the Black Box Theater, Whidbey Island Fairgrounds, Langley. Show times, 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday.
- Inspired Arts Fine Arts Gallery & Gifts celebrates its grand opening, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday. Look for the feature Thursday in WLM!
- Enjoy the lovely lavender and meet local artists at Lavender Wind Farm’s annual Artists Invasion 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- The Art Center@WICEC – Whidbey Island Community Education Center and NILA – Northwest Institute of Literary Arts present “Green – What Does it Mean?” an Exhibition of Art, Poetry and Prose through Aug. 21.
- Whidbey Island Center for the Arts presents Rural Characters in concert at the 3rd Annual Gerber Hudson BBQ starting at 5 p.m. Saturday.
- The Sunday Live Music Series at Blooms Taste for Wine at Bayview Corner features Nathaniel Talbot 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
WEEKEND ART CLASSES
- The Pacific Northwest Art School presents “An Island Photographic Bird Adventure with Karen Ulvestad,” Saturday, July 27 in Coupeville.
- Sweetwater Creek Farm Studio presents Fine’s Fabulous Frippery Saturday, July 27 and Mixed-Media Handmade Books workshop Sunday, July 28 in Clinton.
Tip of the Day: To make these Whidbey Life Magazine lists, become a member and start posting your events to member news and the syndicated calendar!