The folks at WCT want to express their gratitude to all the local businesses and community members who made its recent fundraiser auction a success.
WCT gives local youth a place to find and develop their creative voice and build self-esteem; it also fosters an environment that embraces the whole person and emphasizes support, collaboration and trust. On Saturday, May 18, the organization held its second fundraising auction, “There’s No Place Like Home!” to raise money to keep the curtains up on that kind of programming.
Items auctioned that night, 99 percent of which were donated by businesses and gifted individuals of our community, included exotic Turkish rugs, gorgeous bronze sculptures and oil-paintings as well as auto detailing, concierge services, movie tickets, dinners at restaurants and lodging at hotels and inns. Other businesses who donated included bookstores, veterinarians, pet services, boxing training, wineries and more.
There are many merits to shopping close to home: economics, environmental impact and convenience among them. Whidbey Children’s Theater is another reason. It’s a place that provides children with the magic of the theater, a playground for the imagination and thanks to the following businesses, the magic continues:
• Animals: Ame Seelow, Critters & Company, Dr. Patrin (South Whidbey Animal Clinic), Hairy Barkers Pet Salon, Special Touch Groomer, Whidbey Bed & Biscuit
• Arts: Arlon Rosenoff, Callahan’s Firehouse Studio, Casey’s Crafts, Craig & Joy Johnson, Deb Lund, Drew Kampion, Glass Eye Studio, Georgia Gerber, Island Framery, Island Shakespeare Festival, Jim Carroll, Judith Adams, Matt Wilson, Nancy Nolan, Outcast Productions, Paint Escape, Peter West Carey, Rob Schouten Galleries, Roger White, Sweetwater Creek Farm Studio, WICA
• Boutique & Specialty Shops: Bayview Farm & Garden, Far From Normal Novelties, Good Cheer, In the Country, Island Auto Supply, Island Concierge, Lavender Wind Farm, Living Green, Llynya’s, Matt’s Import Haven, Mobile Auto Detailing, Moonraker, Music for the Eyes, Radio Shack, Sassy Siren, The Honeybear, Wander on Whidbey
• Experiences: Chiropractic Zone, Clea Barenburg, Clyde Monma, Clyde Theater, Colin Flanagan, Ebey Bowl, Jo Moccia, Mary Willis, Marcia Monma, Melinda Mack, Mystic Sea Charters, Nikki Coyote, Pauline Elliot, Sarah Moulton, Shawn Nowlin, Whidbey Island Kayaking
• Health, Wellness & Beauty: Allison Miller, Anastasia Brennick, Andrea Binder, Bliss Salon, Bristol Branson, Dakota Stone, Erick Westphal, Erin Rodriguez, Jill Sheldon, Kardly Acupuncture, Kathy Norwood, Kristi Etzell, Island Girl Nails, Island S.W.E.A.T. Shop, Island Wellness Massage, Lind’s, Miss M’s Wax Bar & Salon, Rumours Salon, Sarah Manchester, Sojourn Studios, Stacy Wick, Sue Averett, Whidbey Vision Care
• Inns: Anchorage Inn, Heron’s Roost, Inn at Langley, Treehouse Retreat, Saratoga Inn
• Restaurants/Food: Basil Cafe, Braeburn Cafe, Cafe Langley, China City, Ciao, Cook on Clay, Coupeville Natural Market, Cozy’s, Crazy Dog Farm, Joe’s Woodfire Pizza, Kapaw’s IceKreme, Kristine Phillips, Langley Liquor Store, Marybeth Dickerson, Mo’s Pub, Neils’ Clover Patch, One Spirit Garden, Pickle’s Deli, Prima Bistro, Roaming Radish, Savor Seattle, Tree Top Baking
• Wineries: Bloom’s Wine, Comfort’s Wine, Holmes Harbors Cellars, Ott & Murphy, Spoiled Dog Winery, Vail Wine Shop & Tasting Room, Vino Amore, Whidbey Island Distillery
Whidbey Children’s Theater is located in the Porter Building at 222 Anthes in Langley and can be contacted at (360) 221-8707. The website is at http://www.whidbeychildrenstheater.org.