UPDATED Aug. 12, 2013
The smash of summer activities continues under the sunshine on Whidbey Island. Get out and enjoy! (Look for an updated list before the weekend.)
(Click on the links for details.)
- Island Shakespeare Festival continues performances of “Much Ado About Nothing,” in the tent behind Langley Middle School at 5 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through Sept. 15. (No shows Aug. 16 to 18.)
- Sunday Live Music Series at Blooms Taste for Wine at Bayview Corner from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays.
LOCAL FARMERS MARKETS
- Thursday Market in Clinton from 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursdays.
- Langley Second Street Market from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays.
- Coupeville Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
- Bayview Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
- South Whidbey Tilth Market from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays.
- Greenbank Farm’s Farm and Flea Market from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sundays.
OUR MEMBER GALLERIES HAVE OPENED AUGUST SHOWS!
- Rob Schouten Gallery at Greenbank Farm “Colors of Whidbey” through Sept. 3.
- Artworks Gallery at Greenbank Farm features painter Barbara Mearing through August.
- Inspired Arts Gallery in Freeland features the work of more than 30 artists and artisans all the time.
- Studio 106 in downtown Langley shows Phyllis Ray paintings and others.
- Penn Cove Gallery in Coupeville features woodcarver and turner Joseph Albert III.
- Brackenwood Gallery in downtown Langley “A Painter’s Summer in the Northwest” through Sept. 2.
- Museo Gallery in downtown Langley shows works by Kathe Fraga, painter, and Elaine Michaelides, glass, through August.
- Whidbey Art Gallery in downtown Langley features Travis Kuehn sculptures this month.
- Arlon Rosenoff Gallery in downtown Langley shows Rosenoff’s work. He demonstrates on Sundays.
- Garry Oak Gallery in downtown Oak Harbor features nature photographer Shirley Haley through August.
CHECK OUT THESE LOCAL SCHOOLS FOR ART CLASSES
- Whidbey Island Fine Art Studio
- Pacific Northwest Art School
- Sweetwater Creek Farm Studio
- Art Center@WICEC
A little bird told me this: To make these regular Whidbey Life Magazine lists, become a member and start posting your events to member news and the syndicated calendar!
(Pictured at top, Dave Mayer, Ahna Dunn-Wilder, Olena Hodges and Melanie Lowey in ISF’s “Much Ado About Nothing.”/Michael Stadler photo)